Featured Links • Other Helpful Math Links • Math Assessment
Math Education • General Math Resources • Math—Science
Math Sites for Students • Math Problem Solving • Statistics
Math Teacher Competencies • Mathematics Research Reports
- Download the current elementary and high school Mathematics Standards.
- For all things related to math go to the Mathematics Navigation Page.
- For any information related to math problem solving including a link for downloading the newly revised Official Mathematics Problem Solving Scoring Guide, go to the Mathematics Problem Solving Resources page.
- Recently the State Board of Education met and adopted the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and a new set of cut scores. Visit the Acheivement Level standards page for a chart that conatains the new cut scores and a variety of other information related to the the Standard Setting Process.
- Also found on the OCTM site is a brief overview of the K-5 CCSS math standards synopsized by Mark Freed.
- Illuminations: A valuable resource from NCTM, provides extensive internet resources to illuminate the Standards. Ready to use lessons show best practices in teaching, video vignettes, Web resources, etc.
Making it Happen: Visit this site for resources to help implement the Common Core Mathematics Standards.
- Principles to Actions: Ensuring Mathematical Success for All
National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics: This organization is about success for every student, every teacher, and every leader. The mission statement of NCSM is based on the four elements of pursuit by the NCSM Board and its members using the acronym that has been its legacy for forty years: Networking with stakeholders, Communicating current and relevant information and research, Supporting and sustaining improved student achievement, and Motivating leaders to maintain lifelong commitment to equity and access for all learners. All leaders and teachers of mathematics are welcome!
Illustrative Mathematics: This site illustrates what each of the grade level standards looks like from K-8 and High School. It provides examples of the types of work expected by students and also has a whole section on illustrating the mathematical practices through the use of classroom videos. There are also assessment tasks available that illustrate each standard.
Annenberg/CPB's site: This site contains multimedia resources in multiple content areas including mathematics. These resources help teachers increase their expertise in their fields and assist them in improving their teaching methods.
Early Career Teachers: If you are new to teaching mathematics in Oregon, contact your Area Representative for more information about a free offer to join.
Internet4Classrooms Assessment Resources
Math Standardized Test Preparation
NY State Mathematics Practice Tests
US Department of Education
Welcome to NASA's Education Program
Free Online Math Courses for Teachers
Area 267 Math Site
Education Northwest Math Resources
Jackie Cooke's Homepage
Jackie Cooke's OCTM Core Standards Resources
Math Amortization Education Page
Math Learning Center
Math Lesson Plans
Math Teaching Resource (K-5 Only)
Oregon Builders Congress
OSU STEPs Program
PPS K-5 Math Resources
PPS 6-8 Math Resources
Salem Keizer School District Math Resources
SMILE Program Mathematics Index (200 lessons)
Chuck Peterson's Problem Solving Page
Learning Through Problem Solving
More Problem Solving Resources
Problem Solving Strategies
Jackie Cooke's Prompts for Elementary Problem Solvers
Reynolds School District Task Bank
CCSSM Problem Solving Resources (Rcmd. by Cheryl and Don)
Portland Public Schools
Oregon Dept of Education
Milwaukee Mathematics Partnership
Australian Curriculum and Assessment
Math Teacher Competencies
TSPC Competencies for Math Teachers
AMTE Standards for Elementary Mathematics Specialists