- Download the current elementary and high school Mathematics Standards.
- For all things related to math go to the Mathematics Navigation Page.
- For any information related to math problem solving including a link for downloading the newly revised Official Mathematics Problem Solving Scoring Guide, go to the Mathematics Problem Solving Resources page.
- Recently the State Board of Education met and adopted the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and a new set of cut scores. Visit the Acheivement Level standards page for a chart that conatains the new cut scores and a variety of other information related to the the Standard Setting Process. The CCSSM Toolbox has many helpful resources available to help you align to the Common Core.
- Illuminations: A valuable resource from NCTM, provides extensive internet resources to illuminate the Standards. Ready to use lessons show best practices in teaching, video vignettes, Web resources, etc.
- NCTM Focal Points: Choose this site to download a copy of the Curriculum Focal Points documents (For NCTM Members only).
- Also found on the OCTM site is a brief overview of this document synopsized by Cathy Brown and Jon Wiens.
- Making It Happen: Visit this site for resources to help implement the Common Core Mathamatics Standards.
- Also found on the OCTM site is a brief overview of the K-5 CCSS math standards synopsized by Mark Freed.
This organization is about success for every student, every teacher, and every leader. The mission statement of NCSM is based on the four elements of pursuit by the NCSM Board and its members using the acronym that has been its legacy for forty years: Networking with stakeholders, Communicating current and relevant information and research, Supporting and sustaining improved student achievement, and Motivating leaders to maintain lifelong commitment to equity and access for all learners. All leaders and teachers of mathematics are welcome!
Early Career Teachers: If you are new to teaching mathematics in Oregon, see our Membership page for a free offer.
Annenberg/CPB's site: This site contains multimedia resources in multiple content areas including mathematics. These resources help teachers increase their expertise in their fields and assist them in improving their teaching methods.